Sunday, March 18, 2012

Puget Sound Monster!

Okay, first let me say it is a boring morning here in Port Townsend. It's cold. The rain has stopped, but it is cold and to me that is bad. I am getting ready to start my day. But right now, let me tell you about my very exciting discovery this morning.

I was sitting at the table at my dinette in my comfy motorhome. I am camped right on the shore of Puget Sound. I can see more water than land. Well, guess what I saw this morning? I am quite sure it was a sea monster. That's right!

The famed Loch Ness Monster
Now, let me tell you that I have been to Scotland and to Loch Ness. I spent an hour on the huge lake (Loch Ness means Lake Ness in American English) searching for Nessie with a famed sea monster explorer. Sadly, I did not see the monster on my trip, which was a huge disappointment. But ever since that trip I have been acutely tuned into watching for sea monsters wherever I travel.

And so this morning I was elated at my sighting. It was totally unexpected. Lucky for me, I had my camera handy and was able to snap a quick shot before the monster dived and disappeared from sight. I was nervous that my shot would not turn out, but good fortune was upon me! That said, I must apologize for the photo as it is somewhat grainy. The monster was far away and I was forced to use an extreme close up lens.

But as you can see, there is little doubt I found a monster. The major difference that I see is that this monster has a much shorter neck -- sort of like a duck's -- and a larger back than Nessie. This could be explained, however, by the positioning of the monster at the precise moment that I recorded the image.

Anyway, I am pretty happy this morning to have made this very important (I think) scientific discovery.

1 comment:

  1. So this is where Donald takes his vacations! And you caught him without his sailor's suit!

    ReplyDelete