Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Multi-level marketing at Starbucks

I am at a Starbucks in Madera, Calif., to work on my blog. I'm trying to write, but a guy named Tim and his wife are a few feet away, pitching a multi-level marketing program to another couple, and it's hard to concentrate because Tim has a loud voice. "Don't worry about money, it will come," Tim just told the other couple. Tim says he and his wife are Masters -- that's some sort of level they've achieved in the organization. Tim said he and his wife have been in other multi-level marketing programs, but this one, which involves nutritional products, is the very best. Tim said they took out a second mortgage on their house to finance the business. The other couple seems interested, but it's hard to tell. Tim and his wife have a big chart that they keep flipping. I can only see the back, but the type is too small to read unless I stare, which would be impolite. Tim's wife said to the other couple that "Tim and I are pioneers." Tim said that everyone needs the product. He just told about a couple that started this business and only four months later were making $4,000 a month. I'm sorry I can't tell you the name of the product, but I can tell you that I have learned that it is powder-based. Anyway, I'd write more, but I have to leave. Tim and his wife look to be in their early 40s. Tim said that he plans to retire in less than four years, which is pretty impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so familiar...I have "tried" several and was thinking the other day...IF I had just put all that money in a stock...Microsoft, etc., how much more I would have now and all the costs of promoting the business would have bought several new shares a month. We all have to learn. My advise...IF you do not need the product then pass. Seems I have met those that MADE IT but why I didn't remains a mystery to me. What experiences...just the tuition was high.

    ReplyDelete