Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cute pig and smiling girl


This cute little piggie was in a store window in Cambria, California. I was walking the Main Street after woofing down a Morning Scramble breakfast ($7.95) at the Cambria Cafe, where a very attractive young waiter-person served me with a big smile. She had perfect teeth. I'd say she was about 18. Ever since I spent $5,000 for braces for my daughter, I have noticed the teeth of other young people. This young woman not only smiled when she served me, but all the time. Even when she went into the kitchen, she was smiling. When she brought my Morning Scramble, I asked her, "Do you always smile?" I don't think she was ready for the question. If I were younger, then I would have assumed she thought I was trying to make a pass. But I am nearly as old as a fossil so I know that such a thought could not have crossed her youthful mind. So she said, "I try to," and that was that. It has been my observation through the years that 5% of Americans default to a smile and 15% default to a frown. The rest just sort of look neutral. So this young woman was special. The Morning Scramble had too much meat and not enough egg. It was just okay. After breakfast I walked around town a little, just checking things out. That's when I saw the pig in the window, which I thought was pretty good looking for a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment