Sunday, September 26, 2010

New York City and chocolate pizza

This is a pizza. But there's no pepperoni or sausage. It's a marshmallow and chocolate pizza served at Max Brenner's in Union Square, New York City. Almost everything on the menu at this most unusual eatery is filled, smothered or prepared in some way with chocolate. If you love chocolate then a visit to Max Brenner's is pretty close to visiting Heaven. I didn't try the pizza because I was already filled with a concoction that involved a waffle, Rice Krispies, a sliced banana, powered sugar and lots o' chocolate. It was my breakfast, a vast departure from my usual ham and eggs. Lucky for me I walked five miles around the city afterward. Maybe I worked off the calories.

I didn't spot the pizza until I was leaving the restaurant. It was displayed for all to see with a price tag of $6.50 a slice. But I didn't take a piece to go. My stomach would have erupted like a volcano.

No comments:

Post a Comment