Sunday, September 26, 2010

My campsite and the Statue of Liberty

I am camped in the overflow area of the Liberty Harbor RV Park in Jersey City, New Jersey. My "campsite" is right up again a Hudson River marina with four or five dozen very nice boats and small yachts. But what is super great about this campsite is that you can walk a few blocks to a subway station and be in downtown New York City in about half an hour. It's a terrific place to stay if you want to visit Manhattan. This photo is from the front window of my motorhome, looking across the marina. Do you see what's in the distance? The Statue of Liberty! How about that? Tonight as I type, it's all lit up. I can't believe I am camped with a view of the Statue of Liberty.

2 comments:

  1. NY is much more scenic than most people would imagine, isn't it? (It's my hometown)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed in that park twice and although it is very expensive for concrete and asphalt and dirty showers, the sites at night is unbelievable. I loved the closeness of the PATH or the water boats but I found the campground VERY POOR, unconcerned employees and property missing. Just adjust your attention closely and be careful while there. The area outside is not very safe either. The location is great and easy to access for NY and tour buses or to proceed to Ellis Island Park.

    ReplyDelete