Friday, February 8, 2008

Free hotel room, just roll the dice


Only in Nevada! In a state best known for gambling, a billboard like this one for a hotel in Tonopah comes as no surprise. I didn't roll the dice because as an RVer I carry my room with me, but if you are passing through town and need a place to stay, you might want to try your luck. Although there are at least a half dozen hotels (more like motels) in Tonopah, this is among the best, and there's a reasonably priced RV park in the back with full hookups.

2 comments:

  1. This is the only way to reach you I guess. I wanted to say just how sorry I am on your loss. I have lost both of my parents as has my husband, his mother having passed just a couple months ago. It's a hard time for the whole family and I just wanted to send our sorry at your father's passing.

    Hal and Mary Ann Lakin
    Kirkland Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also lost a parent on 2-9-08--my mother died at 1:30 p.m. After a difficult week, I read your column on Saturday 2-16 and your words about moving from mourning the loss to celebrating the life really helped me. I am not there yet, but these words will help me to change my focus, I hope. My condolences to you and thanks for your words of comfort.

    Brenda Hart

    ReplyDelete