Friday, February 1, 2008

Cats, Horses and Chickens


I am parked by the Orange Works in Strathmore, Calif., along state route 65 in the San Joaquin Valley. The Orange Works is a roadside business that sells locally grown goods, especially plenty of tasty items made from oranges, which are grown by the millions in these parts. As I was paying, the clerk's cell phone rang. It sounded like a kitten. "I tried music, but I couldn't hear it," she said. I told her that I had never heard a cell phone ring that sounded like a kitten. "My daughter's phone ring is a horse," she said to prove that she was not alone in her choice of unusual ring sounds. And then she said, "last night I was at a basketball game and a guy's phone rang and it was a chicken." She gave me my change and then I had to leave, which was too bad because I wanted to hear more about other animal-related rings.

1 comment:

  1. My best friend's iPhone quacks like a duck. Makes me smile EVERYTIME. Sometimes when I'm having dinner with him - I call him with my cell phone just to hear it! Quack quackquack quack...

    ReplyDelete