Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Fifteen cent burgers


Yes, there was a time when you could purchase a McDonald's hamburger for the grand price of 15 cents. I did it. I know. Then they went to 18 cents. I actually remember ordering lunch -- couple a' burgers and a Coke -- and giving a dollar bill in payment, and getting change back. Yup. True. And maybe you think I am old, so that this was a long time ago. Yeah, I'm sorta old, but not that old. It wasn't so long ago. But time flies, so what do I know?

3 comments:

  1. actually I remember it well and it was a lot of change. YOu could get 2 hambugers (30cents), French fries (12) and a coke (10) for 52cents when I was in high school -and I am not that old either hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link with a photo of a McDonalds advertising $0.10 hamburgers

    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/oldnews/?p=22

    ReplyDelete
  3. that ws there commercial. Get change back from a $1.00

    ReplyDelete