Monday, June 29, 2015

Fake women. But they sure look real!

I visited the Okanogan County Historical Museum in Okanogan, Washington today. I found the mannequins fascinating. They are remarkably lifelike! I wonder if they are based on real people? My guess is yes. If so, I wonder if the women who posed ever come upon their likenesses? 

Wouldn't it be strange to walk into a store or museum and see yourself, especially if years had passed and you had aged? Or what if the mannequin was your mother and maybe she had died. So there you would be, face to face with your mother when she was young and beautiful. Now, that would be really strange! I bet it has happened. Has it ever happened to you? I know that's a long shot, but I'll ask anyway.

The museum itself is excellent if you like Pioneer Museums. It costs $2 to get in, which is a really good deal. Don't miss the Sheepherders Wagon. It looks like a primitive travel trailer. And don't miss the thumbnail collection of the late Freda M. Henderson. You will be amazed at how many special thumbnails are displayed — ones with photos of Queen Elizabeth, Princess Di, and others from World's Fairs and Olympic events. There's even a few displayed side by side that feature a Burma Shave slogan.

I may write more about the museum later because there are some excellent exhibits. But for now, here's a look at some of the interesting mannequins that model clothing from yesteryear.


1 comment:

  1. Chuck,
    I think you should adopt one as a travel buddy!

    ReplyDelete