Sunday, February 1, 2009

The old man that really isn't an old man

At first glance this looks like a very old and (I think) sickly old man. But it's really a mannequin I found at a flea market in Quartzsite, Arizona. His eyes look real. Do you think he is based on a real person? Somebody did a good job making this mannequin. I don't think it was for sale. If it were, I might have bought it. But, gee. . . what do you do with something like that? So I guess I would not have bought it. If you know anything about this mannequin, please tell me about it.

1 comment:

  1. I DO know about that mannequin! His name is "Dobson the Butler"....they sell them on eBay but he's primarily a halloween prop. He's hand crafted and hand painted. The model you took a picture of, has been altered by whoever owns him to make him look more sickly. I actually own a mannequin of his wife, "Sadie the Maid". As a Halloween Fanatic, I keep her in my room back home for safekeeping. She is my prized decoration for having those realistic looking eyes. Both models also vibrate with light sensors on them. At first living with Sadie was creepy, she used to give me nightmares (I got her when i was 14) now she's part of the furniture (literally) but she's a good welcome gag to scare anyone who enters my room...haha! Anyways, that's my story. Thought you'd like to know about old Dobson. :D

    ReplyDelete