Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Coyotes howling in the night

Coyotes were howling when I went to bed last night and they were howling again when I woke up early this morning, which was before sunrise.

I know I am not home when I hear coyotes. The howling does not bother me like the sound of a barking dog.

The last time I was at the Gilbert Ray Campground, which is just a few miles outside of Tucson, I surprised a couple of coyotes as I wandered through the desert. They took one look at me and ran off, looking back off and on to make sure I wasn't in pursuit.  I didn't think much about the encounter until a few weeks later when I read in the news how a ranger somewhere had been attacked by a coyote. I think that was a rare thing.

Yesterday evening, as the sun set, I walked by the same saguaro cactus I photographed a few years ago. It's right along a trail from the campground. Even though its appearance is like thousands of others, for some reason I recognized it. So I took another picture — a selfie, just me and the cactus. I put in on this page for you to see.





1 comment:

  1. how unique! these cactus may all look alike to some of us but you recognized this one and immortalized it with a selfie! Now it is yours for eternity

    ReplyDelete