Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A stupid RVer

Sometimes you wonder how some people can be so stupid.

I am in a campground in the desert. There are perhaps six RVs nearby. I would define "nearby" as the distance I could throw a baseball with a good roll. So, for example, if I were a major league catcher this might be the distance from home plate to short center field.

Now here is the "stupid" part: An RVer, who I can't see but can hear, is talking on his cell phone. He must be outside because I can hear him loud and clear. It's not that I am trying to listen, it's just that he is speaking loudly.

And do you know what he just said? He gave out his credit card number to someone! He reeled off the numbers one after another, slowly and clearly. He included the card's expiration date and security code. In this age of rampant identify theft, this is not just stupid but super stupid.

If I wanted to, I could go ahead and charge something right now with those numbers. I wouldn't of course, because I am an honest person.

I don't know exactly where this guy is because I can't actually see him. But if I knew, I would walk over him to him and say," You're the stupidest person I have come across in at least a month!" But, as I said, I don't know who or where he is, and, to be honest, I probably wouldn't say anything anyway because he might get mad and pop me one.

Stupid is stupid, plain and simple.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to kill stupid people but it we would do away with warning tags the problem would take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All.

    As the "Old" Saying Goes, "Stupid Is, as Stupid Does. As in Life, there are "RV'ER's, then there are the Unknown Type of RV'ER's. The truly good RV"ER's seem to be a Dying Breed.

    ReplyDelete