Monday, January 18, 2010

A flagger sign and a wooden Indian


I took this photo about 20 years ago, back when I was shooting black and white. I have always liked the photo. But until now I don't think I have published it anywhere or even shown it to anyone. I don't know if the photo is anything special or just ordinary. I do know that I have never been able to write a caption for it that made any sense. Do you have any ideas? Does this photo bring any thoughts to your mind? Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Several subtitles come to mind.
    "Even our ancestors needed directions."
    "Maybe our elders had a better idea about the best road to travel."
    Many more but these were the first two that came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were facing westward when you snapped this photo, the Indian (lamenting the fate of his ancestor's lands in the West) is pointing and saying, "Turn around and go back the way you came!"

    ReplyDelete