Saturday, June 13, 2009

Who is this old man?

I photographed this old man in Quartzsite, Ariz. But as you have probably figured out, he's not real. He's a weathered mannequin. But I like his face and his eyes. When you stand right next to him and look into his eyes, it's kind of spooky because you swear he is looking right back at you. I wonder if this mannequin man was modeled after a real person. My guess is yes.

If you know who he is or was, please let me know. And if, by any chance, you happen to be that person, please contact me or send me your photo. I won't be holding my breath, but I thought I should at least ask.

He's pretty interesting looking, isn't he?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck...I was in Yosemite July 12-18th and saw a gentleman that reminded me of a fellow I once knew in Sacramento. He worked for the Ardvaarck for a time, and traveled in an RV and shot photos of motocross events. His name was CHuck Woodbury.... Later that same day I picked up a copy of USA today and read the article about Camping and the Tent Revival. Low and behold there was a quote from an individual with the same name I had just been thinking about...Chuck Woodbury! I'm wondering if it is the same Chuck Woodbury? I worked at KOVR/Channel 13 in the Community Affairs Dept and was determined to persue a career in photography. Took 20 years but I run my own stduio (small) in Napa. Would love to know if it is the same Chuck?

    Valerie Saribalis-Cole
    Napa, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he should be on a Camel's Pack

    ReplyDelete