Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where to find good Mexican food on the RV road

Ah, Mexican food! I love it. I grew up near Los Angeles and I wouldn't lying if I said that after I was weaned off my baby bottle I was woofing down burritos. Okay, maybe it was a few years after that. But I do know that in my high school years my buddies and I would sneak off campus at lunch and beeline to a nearby burrito stand. We never got caught for our illegal escapes.

When my family moved to a small town in the Sierra foothills of northern California, I experienced severe burrito withdrawl. . . and, in fact, serious Mexican food withdrawal. Lucky for me, I now possessed a driver's license and could drive across the mountains to Reno where a Mom and Pop fast food stand cooked up the totally yummiest Mexican food and incredible burritos. Man, I can still taste 'em after all these years.

So it is with great pleasure that I notice that the members of our RVtravel.com reader forum are trading recommendations on good Mexican restaurants. If you love Mexican food, you might want to visit and maybe pick up a tip (or leave one).

2 comments:

  1. When you visit Sedona,Az. check out Casa Bonita for fabulous Mexican food. Also, visit our Chamber of Commerce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Foothills of Yuma, Don Quijote. In Mission, Texas, Diaz Diner. In Evanston, Wyoming (really!), Tres Amigos.

    ReplyDelete