Friday, August 15, 2014

Will I fly into Space?



I photographed this toy box at a toy store in Gijon, Spain. As you can plainly see, it's supposed to be a model of the Space Shuttle. In the small print below "Space Shuttle" it says "Model of the Real Style." 

Under the first row of windows, you again see the words "Space Shuttle." But on the back tail is "757" which would indicate a Boeing 757, which just so happens to be the plane I flew to Europe in from Seattle. I'm thinking now that maybe I'll enjoy a trip into Space on the return trip. I'd like that, but me thinks that will not happen.

Sometimes the toys you see in foreign lands make you laugh.

3 comments:

  1. It's an interesting mix. It says "Space Shuttle." It has "757" on the tail (and on the box). It also has four engines and winglets, and it looks like a hump in the fuselage (ala 747) so it's not a 757, but might be a 747?

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NASA used two modified Boeing 747 jetliners, originally manufactured for commercial use, as Space Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. So, they're "close" to the Carrier, but not the Space Shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ANA on the wing would appear to be the logo for "All Nippon Airways." Hmmm, wonder where these toys were manufactured?

    ReplyDelete